Re: Could I use this?

--- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hey all!  Found a Volvo Turbo Boost gauge cluster
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598768645
> ) in the Salvage Yard today and decided that if it didn't go for big money
> on Ebay that maybe I could use this stuff!!  What would the boost gauge do
> for a NA motor?

  Well, it would just read vacuum...see on the guage there is the black
zone, that's where vacuum would be indicated.  The needle rests pointing
straight up...that's 1 atm (or atmospheric pressure).  The to the right
of the needle you see yellow then orange zones...that would be positive
manifold pressure (aka boost).  With a N/A car you will see the needle
read vacuum, which is kinda nice to see especially if your trying to find
a vacuum leak.  ;)

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v