(OT) Mercedes 230 AMG? Supercar?

This weekend I had to go to Vegas for my cousins wedding. Initially I was
planning on taking the 84 Scirocco but my wife decided to change my mind
by breaking that car. Then I was gonna use my 82 Scirocco but she decided
the front Euro bumper needed to be rammed into the back of the 84
Scirocco about 16 times until it fell off (at the 10th ramming actually.)
and she drove over the bumper skin effectively breaking it beyond repair.
(New i need a front bumper for my car.)

So, I ended up taking the 88 Corvette to Vegas.
Its a great HWY car actually. I got 22.7mpg there and 24.4 mpg comming
home.
Anyways, early sunday morning on my way back home, I came across a "Fast
and Furious" orange Talon all decked up in its spoilers, wings and other
drag inducing features on the car. We were in an open section of road
when I caught him. (cruise control set to 85 mph.) I casually pass him
and he decided it was time to play. Nobody in front of us for miles so
why not. I get on it and easily pass and pull away from him. I was
disappointed actually. I thought I might of been up against a 10 sec car!
Bummer.

So next I catch a silver Mercedes and casually pass him. He speeds up
like he wants to tag along. Great, I like having a cruising partner. We
hit alot of traffic (passing trucks is apparently hard for alot of people
so they must slow down to 55 to get by. Whatever, people suck.) We get
past them and its open road ahead. The little Orange dayglo Talon
catches us again and drives like an idiot in traffic and takes off. I
hate when people drive like that when there are other cars around. The
Mercedes and I gets past traffic and we gets on it. Much to my surprise,
that AMG (it had a badge dontcha-know.) was pretty stout! I mean, im
putting to the wheels in the "stock Vette" 220hp and 309ft lbs tq. Whats
in that thing?!

Se we smoke the hell out of the Talon and catch some traffic. We chill,
slow down to a reasonable speed and get past the next group of cars. Then
its open road for a long way ahead. We take off and are even til about
135mhp when the AMG starts to inch away from me. At 155mph (Julie says
"Shawn, how fast are we going"? rrr, ok...) and he's (in the other lane)
still inching away from me, so I back off.

So after that he took off, I resumed my 85 speed. Somewhere near
Escondido I managed to catch him (I think he purposely slowed for me so
he could laugh at me. LOL!!) and as he exited the freeway, he waved a
"toodle-loo" wave at me and I returned it with a fat thumbs up. That car
is stout!

So, anyone of you so-cal boys see a silver 230 or 320 AMG with an older
guy driving on the freeway, leave him alone. :)

got home (332 miles) in 4hours, 15 minutes.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!