High oil pressure? What's max?

You may recall that my car blew out the filter seal a few weeks ago (I
thought I have lost a headgasket).  Well, that happened again soon
after.  So, I finally get around to refilling the crankcase and
installing another oil filter.  This time though, Ben Harder came over
with a sender and gauge, and we hooked that up and started it.

Cold, the pressure pegged the meter at idle (5+ bar) and gradually
reduced as the oil warmed up.  At full operating temp (100C), idle
pressure was maybe 1 bar or slightly less.  So far I'm happy.  But
revving the engine, not even all that hard, maybe 4000 rpm, the gauge
pagged at 5+ bar.  IIRC there should be an upper limit where the
pressure relief valve in the pump opens...right?

So here's what I'm asking...

-Is anything wrong?
-Those of you with OP gauges, what are your higher rpm warm oil
pressures?
-Have I found my problem with an inoperative pressure relief valve?
-Would a faulty filter bypass valve (in the filter housing, according
to Mr. Bentley) give me these symptoms?

TIA again,

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump