Southern Tier(NY)/Junkyards + VW population (LONGISH)

Well it has been quite a while since I accepted my new Job at Lockheed Martin in
Owego NY but
now
I have settled in purchased a home and am living in Elmira,NY.
I must say that it was hard to move away from the Rochester Crew and all of the perks
of living
near Brett (and his parts bin....oops I mean garage!!!) but you got to take the job
where the
money is and I am still less than 2 hours away

 .....anyway I was very surprised and happy to see the large numbers of VW's in my new
town.
Everywhere I turn I see Cabby's Jettas Passats and Beetles on just my street alone of
14 houses
there are 6 vws not counting mine....obviously the largest portion of these are
fairly new but I
have also seen a really really clean 83 GTI a red 8716v and A freshly painted Cabby
with a 2L
Crossflow conversion(I met this guy the other night and he just purchased another MK2
Rocc and
plans on an 8v turbo for it).  I also made it to the local Pick-A-Part yesterday and
found quite
few A2 Jetta's and Golfs....I also found a really sweet Fox wagon that had a interior
fire and a
QSW that I really want to take the synchro off of...there was one MK2 8v nothing
special though
with a really bad paint job and a very solid brown 81 Rocc

anyway it is nice to be somewhere with a large VW population

later

=====
Michael Leach--Rochester,NY
87 16v