83 acting up, what might it be

Car: 83 8V stock
Symptoms: "hickups" or "hesitation" or "jerking" under acceleration, doesn't
happen all the time, just started today. Idle is normal, tach also shows no
signs when this happens.
Car history: dunno, have no records, previous owner was a vw mechanic and
did all the work himself up until 2 years ago.

Diagnosis? Don't tell me it's something bad !! hehe. I do not plan on
spending money on this car unless it's for the possible eventual engine swap
and paintjob.

Sciroccos - when they're bad they're ugly!