Re: 88 VW scirocco 16v automatic

 Depends on what state/province you live in... in BC if the car is bone
stock and that particular model has been out of production for at least ten
years....*or* if the car is at least 25 years old.... you qualify for
collector plates.  Since Sciroccos have been out of production for twelve,
thirteen years now, I can get collector status for my 'roc, but it's not
stock. BC is pretty strict about the car being stock for collector tags.

I'm sure it differs from state to state or province.

Marie