RE: FW: How to clean Electrical connections (was: Wipers not returning to start)

60 grit?  Why not something very fine?  You don't want to put gouges in the
surface that increase the surface area, increasing the rate at which
corrosion forms.  In fact, I've heard that paper is much better than
sandpaper for removing light corrosion, although you obviously have to use
something abrasive to get bad corrosion off.

I agree with the vaseline, though.  You could also use dielectric grease
that is sold for spark plug boots, but considering you can get an entire jar
of generic petroleum jelly for the cost of a tiny tube of somethnig sold as
dielectric grease, I use vaseline on corroded connectors.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle