Re: help!! Possible Head gasket....

I have cleaned the outside of the radiator, plus the AC condensor, I
will
definatelty try the cap thing, In regards to the fan switch, I have
eliminated the possibility of that problem by test driveing with the
fan
switch jumped on HI, and it still over heated. My only worry is that is
may be a small hole/crack, thus I am not getting the oil into the
coolant
yet, or visa versa. the block WAS changed to a 2.0 some time ago, and I
have no idea of the quality in workmanship put into it so this is why I
thout it might be the HG.
As for oil and filter I do use only german filters, and quality oil(
wich
smells and looks fine)

--- DNK006@aol.com wrote:
> if your head gasket is leaking, your coolant will turn brown rather
> quick.
> If it is bad, you can even smeel exhaust gas in the coolant.  I doubt
> this is
> your problem.  New radiator fan switches can be bad!  I know this, I
> just
> bought one online that was very much faulty.  Overheating on the freeway
> is
> usually a fault in the cooling system, not the engine.  Is the radiator
> clean
> on the outside?  you may want to unbolt the top and fold it back enough
> spray it clean or scrub it with a plastic scrub brush & soap.  As for
> excess
> pressure in the system, don't tighten the radiator cap all of the way;
> when
> it is loose, just spin it and when it stops it is tight enough!  if you
> loose
> cooland, so what! just check it 2 times a month and refill!
> I have tried these things because I have had the same problems, and
> fixed
> them.  I cn drive my rocco 9 hours striaght thru with no problems now.
> One other thing: use only top quality oil & german filters!
> hope this helps
> Ben
> 85 8v (170k+)

=====