Re: Airbox ? For My Education

Andre Persaud wrote:

> Were there any aftermarket airboxes, intakes etc made for the scirocco? Ive
> seen pictures of straight tubes with the cone filter at the end. Any ideas?
>
> Andre Persaud, MD
> ACNPersaud@hotmail.com
> 1986 Scirocco 16V

If it just ends in a cone in the engine bay then you don't want it.

Hot motor air is detrimental, you want something routed to bring in cold
outside air and avoids gulping puddles when you splash through them.
Hydrolock bends rods.

Other than the (UK?) foam over a wire skeleton jobbie I know of no
Scirocco (A1) air intakes, that is there are general but not specific
ones.

TBerk