Distributor ..should be simple right

Ok guys, I give up ... I've turned it every which way, even 180, and ligned
it up with every mark I could find .. and 2 days later I still have no luck.

at 180 it turns over better but doesn't start either .. and this time
everything was ligned up per list instructions.

Someone want to come by and show me what I'm doing wrong? 2 days no get to
work = technical defficiency  :) pluuuezzee hehe.

is there some automotive course I can take to learn at least a little .. I
feel like a fool haha