Re: Battery/Alternator probs?

Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:

> My buddy tested my alternator output the other day, and it was pumpin out
> about 14 volts, thats normal, but then he tested how much the battery was
> getting of that, and it was only 12.3 or something.
>
>     So my question is, what would cause this???

 If he is losing almost 2 volts between the alternator and battery it
would more than likely be bad grounds or bad/thin wire from alt to the
battery.  Tell him to clean his grounds, add more, and upgrade the
harness from alt to battery.  Might not hurt to have the battery checked
out as well.

Andre'
Lime Green 79
Kirkland WA