mixing brake fluids

Quick question: I'm going to bleed the brakes in my 944, and the system
currently has ATE Super Blue in it.  My mechanic suggested taht I don't
need to bleed the fluid in the hydraulic clutch (plus, it's a PITA).
Problem is, I was going to put in DOT 4 fluid, and I'm wondering if this
might mix "badly" with the ATE fluid in teh clutch, or will I be alright?

Thanks,
B.

'82 Scirocco <-- sold  :-(
'85 Jetta