I need help, restoring oxidized paint - Products?

Hello all,

I am going to try to bring the paint on Mars' hood/fender back to life.

The hood and fender were re-painted many, many years ago and are starting to
oxidize.
The rest of the body is nice and shiny like new :)

I believe the repaint was done with a clear coat (unlike the original paint
that wasn't clear-coated).
I have managed to go through the hazy clearcoat (by accident) on a spot on
the hood and found beautiful Mars Red paint.

I am going to clay-bar the car tomorrow and attempt to use TR3 to remove the
clearcoat on the rest of the hood/fender.
Bad Idea?????

If I am successful, what should I do after that?
McGuire has multiple products (I have many of them) for different things.

I imagine I'd want to replenish oils back into the paint first (which
product?), then put a high content Carnuba wax over it (Blitz?)

What are some of the recomendations from the experts out there?

Thanks,

Randy
81 Scirocco S "Cosmos"
81 Scirocco S "Mars" - gonna try to get her lookin' like new again