Sputtering (16v)

hey list.

my car is pulling the wack on me, and it's been
killin me. it's recently developed this sputtering
problem. when the car is cold, everything works
perfect. if i drive and i'm constantly moving, everything
will stay cool. if i sit at a long light, or let it idle for like
5 mins, it'll start to sputter when i take off. once i'm
going, it's fine, the only thing is when i'm coming to a stop
the idle falls fast, sometimes to stall or almost stall. it seems
that only when it gets hot, it gets wacked out. when it
cools down, everything goes back to normal. things
i've changed - fuel pump, transfer pump, coolant temp
sensor. this is a 2L 16v w/ Motronic F/I.
everything is dialed in properly last time i checked (fuel & spark)

I'm gonna run the diagnostic on the computer this weekend to see if it
tells me something, but if i could fix it in the meantime, i
would love that. i'm gonna check the ground for the computer
tommorow, might be something stupid like that. i was just wondering there
is anywhere
specific that i should check for something of these symptoms.

thanks

paul
87' Scirocco16v
86' DIRT