Re: Handbrake cable

If they are reasonably old, you are best to go for both as they lose their
'stretch' with age but there's no technical reason for not doing just one.
Chances are, though, if one is shot then the other will not be far behind.
Remember, when you are taking the drum off, to pop the self-adjuster wedge
up to release the shoes - makes getting the drum off much easier. You can
access it through the wheel bolt holes with a long brad or pointed
cross-head screwdriver. And remember to re-adjust it after refitting the
drum - the drums shold be reasonably stiff to turn by hand: they will
slacken off quite quickly.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0