Re: Head Warped? Re:

If the head is warped don't just have it shaved as TBerk has indicated. If
the head is indeed warped that means the cam journals are warped also, this
will put undo stress on the cam and break it. Take it to a machine shop that
will bolt it to a straighting plate and place it in the oven, this
essentially turns the head into a large pliable piece of aluminium allowing
it the straighten it self (can't remember techinal term). After it is
straightened they will check the line bore of the cam journals, should be ok
at this point (if not they will cut the caps .010 and using a boring bar and
a center guide will re-bore the journals).

Then while they have the head, have them p&p, reseat it, knurl the guides
(replace only if necessary)and do a 3 angle valve job.

HTH

Brian

88 16v
87 16v