Re: brake caliper allen bolt

In a message dated 8/20/01 6:05:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thescirocco@juno.com writes:

<<
 Is this an '84 1/2 or newer Scirocco?

 In mid-'84 VW went from a heavy caliper pin with a 7mm head, to a 6mm
 headed bolt with a sleeve on it... >>

Its an 85 with the 6mm and sleeve.  The sleeve was missing so I did a
GettoFab Fix that would make any real mechanic flinch.  I took some rubber
sleeve pieces and shoved em in there and silicone the ends.  I'll probably
just drill the head off, take the caliper off, and use a pair of vice grips
to get the remains of the bolt off.  But I was wondering if any had any
better Ideas.

Thanks for the bandwidth
Premo (DST)
85 8V