Re: Smoking

By over run do you mean decelleration?  This is generally indicative of
bad valve stem seals, as the high vacuum condition draws oil past the
seals into the combustion chambers.  Replacing these isn't a bad job, and
can be done with the head on the car.

Drew

BTW, I tried out the belts for the first time yesterday - they worked
quite well, thanks!  Maple Syrup is on the way... :)  Door cards, well,
they're not there yet... :)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Andy Holmes wrote:

> I'm smoking on the overun like a goodun. What gives?
> 1991 1781 DX on k-jet - 90000miles
> Can a new engine be justified here?
>
> Andy Holmes
> 91 Scirocco Scala
> 83 Jetta Surprise

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca