Re: my car's health is deteriotating--all please read i need help

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:40:11 -0700 (PDT) Dan Miller
<Sir_Rocco@veedub.com> writes:
>my car's symptoms have deteriorated....the car now takes a good 3-4
>minutes of cranking to start (thermotime switch mainly, mystery
>problem is teh rest of it), when it does start it dies 3-4 times
>before i can get it to run, even then i have to keep teh rpms up above
>2500 to keep it from dying again.  An when it dies its not
>like......it just dies.  doesnt even sputter out just dies.  the tach
>jumped up to about 7000 rpm, anbd i was jsut cranknig the engine
>tryingm to get it started..... HELP MY CAR!!!
>
>Dan Miller
>88 16v

Take it to a mechanic.
Seriously, this is not a front.

Anytime you have alot of problems that you cant self diagnose yourself
and fix, as per the Bentley, its time to take it to a shop who can
diagnose for you.

This list, great as it is, can only do so much for you. From your many
posts, it soundsl ike you're at your limits. Take it to a shop and see
what they say. Im not advocating they fix it, just have them diagnose it
and get a quote. Then once you know what the problem probably is, fix it
yourself.
GL!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!