Replacement speakers for doors (what size?)

I want to replace my door speakers with something like
JBL's and need to know what people have had luck with
as a direct swap. I don't feel like cutting things all
to hell right now and just want a quick swap, but I
want to have decent high end speakers though.

Thanks...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Stuck in the garage since December)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (In desparate need of parts!)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (currently daily driver)