RE: motronic tuning probs.

Hi everyone,

I am sending to both lists because its just too wierd.
Car is a 1991 GLI with motronic.  I set the car up to
test the DPR current again this morning.  After the
car was warmed up it was excactly were I left it last
night fluctuating at 2.5ma.  But what I don't
understand is why turning it counter clockwise
(leaner) makes the milliamps go down.  Shouldn't they
go up because of a leaner mixture??????    Instead the
milli amps go up if I richen it clockwise.  I don't
understand this.  The reason why I am so concerned is
that I had to lean it out half a turn to get 2.5 ma
out of it.  This is quite a bit for a cis-e system.
The car runs & idles beautifully.  Am I mistaken here?

Also when I first started the milli amps were 10-12
(lean right) I pulled a vacuum line and it dropped
down to lower #s  wouldn't this cause it to run leaner
therefore I should have higher #s.  Instead they
dropped.   Does anyone have any idea what is going on.
 I am using the vw speacial harness tool, so I don't
think I messed up the wiring.
(please make my jetta run right so I can put in cams :
)
Tony