RE: My car, I believe, will end up crushed if it continues to piss me off. just rambling)

hump got a link as I have no idea what you are talking about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Night Shadow [mailto:soltwede@privateI.com]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 9:48 PM
To: Dan Bubb
Cc: Patrick Bureau; _scirocco List
Subject: Re: My car, I believe, will end up crushed if it continues to
piss me off. just rambling)

I agree with dan here, oh, and Patrick, time to get a eurosport or
autotech subframe on that thing....

Eric

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Dan Bubb wrote:

> I'm sure it's just a language issue, but I hope your frame was welded
> and not soldered?? If it was welded somebody did a really bad job if you
> could break it so easily.
> It's the pits having to fix old stuff. It's worse paying somebody to do
> a shitty job.
> Dan
>
> Patrick Bureau wrote:
> >
> > and Julie though her car's) where temperamental
> >
> > beautiful day, got it off, get the tires balanced... getting ready for
the
> > event of the weekend (Great Canadian Bug Show) been looking forward to a
> > show for 6 months
> > now.. the car seems ready, I am hyped...
> >
> > turn a corner, bastard cuts me off, slam the breaks... the wheel makes
this
> > Horrid noise no contact between cars...) but my driver side wheel is
> > definatly not where it should be.
> >
> > call CAA, get towed to a garage to check it (I was thinking ball-joint
> > problems)
> > nooooooooooooo that would be too simple ...
> >
> > (do not read further if you do like sarcasm because its about to become
ugly
> > from here one .. fair warning...)
> >
> > The damn frame is broken, right where it was soldered about 4 months
ago,
> > snap crackle and pop!, the hold frame is cracked, and now the damage has
> > extended themselves to the upper support of the beam (front table area)
> > repairs are possible... show? AH! I guess I will have to wait until some
> > other one to come up .... I am not going... the car in  the shop
> >
> > the guys checked the frame and tells me its going to be around
600$/CDN...

> > I think after this repair.. I'm putting it up for sale... and getting a
new
> > car.. fsk! this
> > I am fed up... 6K of parts in repairs n 6 months and I am still being
sucked
> > dry by this volks... I have just about enough....
> >
> > sorry for the rant, but I really needed to spit it all out before I told
the
> > guy to tow it to the scrap yard as-is and make a tiny little Cube of
steel
> > out of it.
> >
> > a sic and tired Patrick....signing off.
> >
> >     ___ __________
> >    / _ /_  __/ __/  A Texan's Scirocco, 1985 8v
> >   / __ |/ / _\ \    http://longcoeur.com/scirocco/
> >  /_/ |_/_/ /___/    (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 3291816
> >
> > --

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox