Re: 82 jetta radiator in a 84 scirocco

Yes, there is one potential disadvantage to the setup you mention:

The pressure caps used on the vanagon occasionally fail, sometimes brand-new
ones don't work.

So, keep an eye on things using this setup, otherwise it's an excellent
idea. Works fine in Vanagons.

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy "Iron Igloo"