Plight of my 85 16v

I figured that if anyone would be interested, it'd at least be the Ohio
listers I rode to WF with. As they've all heard the story of my drawn out
16v conversion in my 85 rocco, I'm happy to tell you, it runs :-)
Yesterday, riding past the shop where it's lived for the past 6-7 months, my
friend's car ran out of gas (a sign?). I wander across the street to visit
my poor car. It's sitting in a different bay? On the ground? Hmm... I stroll
over, someone's made a (crappy) bracket for the throttle cable (I still need
that one from you if possible Rick)! Hmm... wander inside... "Alex. Can I
start her?" "Sure, but not too long, the bay's are all closed and locked (it
was after hours)" Ohboyohboyohboy!

Ignition to ACC-ON-Start(VROOM!)-ON

She runs perfect!!! No smoke, perfect 850-900 rpm idle, revs quick, exhaust
not too loud, not too soft. No strange noises... I'm grinning from ear to
ear for the rest of the day.

As for the SLC daily driver, waiting to see if the loan works out. Hope so!
If not, oh well, just have to find a way to register a rocco that has no cat
(we have E tests).

Thanks to Josh Strait for letting my drive his 16v during WF, it helped a
lot in keeping the faith (I gotta get one of those light fly's now).

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800