Re: knocking noise

>>ever since i put my motor together, i have been
>>getting this knocking noise only around 3000 rpms.
>>not matter what gear i'm in and it seems to only do
>>it under load. it sounds like light engine knock, but
>>i don't think it's that. have any of you guys ever heard
>>something like this before? could it be that one of the connecting
>>rods is loose? what are some of the things that i should
>>check?
>

>Only one way to find out. Drop the pan and verify the torque of the rod
>and main bolts.
>
>Umm, did you forget to put in a bearing?

i don't think so.
i gave it to a mechanic i know to change the rings
in the block, it's quite possible that he may have
botched it. that's what i was thinking was to drop the
pan and check them.

>Are you sure its not ping? (Detonation.)

i'm pretty sure it's not. i have two brand new knock
sensors and the car is tuned. ran every test in the
bentley to make sure all is good. it sounds like something
internal. i don't wanna drop the pan! goddamn lazy.
dah well.

thanks for the help!

paul