Re: MK1 Exhaust - downpipe to catback piece missing!

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:32:10 -0700 (PDT) DAN <sciroccodriver@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Ok, besides my Knee being IMMOBILIZED and me being on
> perkodin, I have a problem.  My '79 MK1 which
> originally came without a Cat now has a dual downpipe
> from a jetta(thank to the junkyard.)  The car came
> from Daun with a "cat back" pipe which *was* connected
> to the header I removed and replaced with said dual
> DP.  SO, I'm having problems finding a way to connect
> the dual downpipe's FLANGE to the cat-back's FLANGE.
> I realize a CAT would solve this issue but I don't
> have one of those either and nobody LOCAL to me has
> been able to help.  Some locan muffler shops I visited
> didn't even have matching flanges in their stock for
> me to use.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Does anybody
> have an 8valve CAT they'd be willing to get out of
> their garage before it ends up in the garbage?  Thanks
> in advance and UMMMMMM perkodin!  :-)
=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC

If it's a stock downpipe, don't forget there's a flexpipe between the cat
and the downpipe...

Btw, alcohol May intensify the effect... hehehe

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Techtonics Discount Dealer -  Bear,
Delaware 19701
                                                                '79
Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red