Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning....

I get off the freeway and a BMW 325is which I had passed a few miles
before the exit is on my bumper at the light. Im the first car, he's
second then the lot of cars behind him.

The rout:
>From the freeway is a left turn onto the frontage road, then an open
90degree left turn, under the freeway to another 90degree left turn which
is fairly tight and puts me on my works street. The way the lights work,
there is usually no traffic at all except for some on comming traffic at
the second turn. No big deal, you just wait til traffic clears.

Light turns green, I notice that as I accelerate from the light, the BMW
is right on my tail. Hmm, maybe he wants to play?

The first left turn im high 2nd gear, no brakes just pitch it into the
corner. Its not a violent move you just turn in, and it sticks. I focus
on the turn, get thru it and look in my rear view mirror to see is he
really did want to play or if it was just my imagination. I was hoping to
see him on my tail because I really wanted to see him stick with me on
the next turn which is -scarry tight- but ive drove it a zillion
times......... I know the line.

Instead of seeing the BMW headlights tucked under the SCIROCCO lettering
on the back window, I saw his headlights swishing back and forth. Damn,
he's in a bad tank slapper! UT-- UTT--- UTTT----UTTTTT----
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH-DAMN!!!!!

He spun it completely around and backed it up under the bridge into the
guard rail completely off the road. Didn't see him make any contact. I
slowed down and waited in the next left turn lane as long as traffic
would allow me but he never came back up on me. As I turned the hard 90
degree turn I took a glance where he spun at and could see that he was
still sitting there.

I drive onto work, kinda giggling at what I just saw. Get out of the car
and a co-worker asked me if I knew why the BMW was in the guardrail. "I
Didn't DO IT"!
About this time the BMW drives by the shop.

I waved.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!