RE: nitrous/throttlebody questions

Larry,
You are right from my research into NOS on VW's. The Wet system is the most effective system to use.

Dry systems can be effective in small quantities if you run your car rich and only activate the NOS at full throttle while running colder plugs and retarded timing.

Wet systems are designed for High Horsepower, multistage, or forced induction.
I know a friend with a Honda who spools his T4 turbo with NOS and then cuts it out when the boost gets up to 5 PSI and he has a 50-shot of NOS wet system.
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V