From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Tobias M-G
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 00:09
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Does your Scirocco have a soul?

Tell me, do these cars have a soul? Maybe a little mind in there. Like that
of a small child - seemingly happy and playful most of the time, and when
you least expect or need it, it shrieks and writhes and kicks and bites and
scratches for all it's life, madly clambering to you with an ungodly
strength. Like a calm day when out of nowhere you are struck down by
lightning .. not a cloud in the sky.

I swear these cars think, they brude, and they act up at the worst possible
times - in the middle of Bumf*** nowhere; when you just spent your last
dime; when it's the only car you can drive to work 35 miles away and walking
isn't an option; worse yet when you have 2 or more of them and they all
don't act too happy.

One day the car spits coolant all over, throws the tach needle left and
right like a rag doll, starts poorly and stutters and gripes while oil drips
into the distributor - the next day acts like nothing's ever been the
matter.

It's a love and hate relationship isn't it!?

But when you walk up to your Scirocco with a hammer in hand .. things start
working real quick, the car knows, it's been bad, bad!! - I've learned to
look the temprament of the car in the eye and not blink, not for a second.

1988 16V Scirocco - Child #1
1983  8V Scirocco - Child #2

bad, bad bad bad!!

I haven't touched a drop  :P  .. must be the heat eh?