From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Josh Hignight
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 6:32 PM
To: 'scirocco'
Subject: 4k transmission...

Alright, looking at my scirocco (now turned project) on the lift Saturday, I
noticed the trans. code is 4K. Looking it up on org, it says it's got a 3.89
final, but I'd heard they were 3.94...  And there are no notes about the
application of the trans.
Well anyway, I bought this trans from a JY, and it was supposedly out of a
base 88 jetta ( I wanted tall gears for mileage at the time). I didn't
bother to look up codes, but I really liked the 8v with that trans. I bought
a clutch disk at the same time (thought I bought an 8v disk, but maybe not).
So is this an 8v or 16v trans, and what the heck did it come out of? Who did
I get miss-informed by? I'm just curious. Oh, and is it good to keep, or
should I worry about the 6spd conversion in the 16v box right away?

One more thing, I'm now missing the throttle cable bracket that mounts to
the TB for the 16v scirocco. Anyone got an extra they're willing to part
with? 3 month backorder from DE ain't gonna work for me.

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800