Autotech lightweight tubular stress bar

Has anyone tried the autotech tubular front 25mm stress bar for the A1?
I've heard people complaining about the mounts breaking on their solid bars,
but from the Autotech web page the mounts for the lightweight bars look much
different (more like the Neuspeed).  The idea of having 10 fewer pounds of
partially unsprung weight off the front of my car is tempting, and the price
is right.  I was going to order their upper stress bar for the scirocco, and
figured I might pick this up while I'm at it.  Are there any front swaybars
on the market that are better?

-Shawn
'81 Scirocco S