HELP - Manual Adjust Clutch cable- What Year.. or Part#??

D'oh!  I put my tie-rods back on finally last night.
The car is TIGHT... why didn't I do that a year ago
when I got the tierods from potterman.
(16V!!!!)Anyways, I drove the car to work this morning
and my clutch cable started binding and is making the
clutch slip. I've called Potterman but he's apparently
on vacation or something.  I need one ASAP and would
like to pick up the manual adjust cable on the way
home from work.  I just need to figure out which car
the **right** one was off of.  The parts guys I have
here probably won't know and will tell me the self
adjusting cable is the only one that will work.
dorks.  Thanks in advance and PLEASE respond directly
to sciroccodriver@yahoo.com or to me at work at
dan.w.may@aexp.com
Gracias!

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco -D.I.Y. Paintjob Complete!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith