81 S with $ 2100.00 invested and counting...

I won't even get into how much I have gotten for this car. Let's put it this
way, It will be rebuilt from the ground up, no exaggeration...Dave at
Adirondak and I spent about 1 hour on the phone today go over everything, at
the end of the conversation, it was like some kind of twisted game show,
both of us trying to figure out what I could buy next. "uh, so Dave, can you
thing of anything else..." "um, no, I don't think there IS anything else..."
Ok, brief list...

Autotech cams
Autotech valve springs
Zimmerman crossdrilled rotors on all four corners (upgraded to 10.1)
(previously purchased still in box)
Mintex Red pads (previously purchased still in box)
Stainless steel braked lines (previously purchased still in box)
Full 16v rear axle, rebuilt (all rubber is poly)
Basically ALL rubber is poly, A-arm bushings, the works, except for the
front strut mounts (verdict still out)
inner and outter tie rod assemblies
inner and outter cv joints and boots
rear stub axles
rear and front wheel bearings
Rear calipers (this one hurt, the 16v ones were bad and I bought these new
150 a pieces yowsers!!!)
Radiator
Every liquid or grease is synthetic (Redline, bearing grease, super terrific
crazy racing blue brake fluid)
And on and on and on and on...

Tools I bought for the project
Air compressor
Paint gun
Sandblaster
Hydraulic Press
Engine Stand

Still need to order:
Bilstein struts (changed my mind about the Koni$)
Neuspeed Race springs
Poly mounts
Rims and tires (suggestions ??? I want the fattest tire I can put on an
81..205's ???)
Mechanic has Motronic waiting at the shop for me...Ahem...with the chip...

And on and on and on and on...

Here's the kicker, I don't even have the car yet....I'm picking that up next
weekend...Not this weekend, next weekend, I know that this weekend is the
next weekend, but you know what I mean...

Dudes, Dudettes, I am depraved! Buuuuuttt....

This car is gonna Roc!!!

Jason87vw

81s 2.0  w/1.8 head and a load of other sheot!!! (Vtec this)