Re: Failing suspension, Scirocco hurting

What series tire you running?  I have neuspeed race springs + Koni yellows
set @ 1/4 stiff with full poly bushings and the ride really isn't that much
harsher than stock.  Actually it's a bit better because the car is properly
damped now so it doesn't bounce on the highway.  I run 13" wheels on the
street (car is mostly for autox) with stock sizes (175/70r13), and it's a
bit harsher with my kuhmos (195/55R14) but still not bad.  I hear alot of
people complain about their suspension being too harsh when they are running
30 series rubber bands on way-to-big-for-a-scirocco wheels.  And if your car
is already hitting the bump stops why would you want to go to a softer
spring?  You could try the Neuspeed softsports but your car won't be
noticably lower than stock.
I just don't think these cars are made to offer a smooth ride.  There is a
freeway divider I have to go across when I drive my car to work that makes a
horrible jolt like you describe.  The thing is it was just as bad on the
stock springs/shocks as it is with my current setup!

-Shawn
'81 S