Re: trying to get 10-sec out of a 1.8T

Well, if you can fabricate a bracket so the clutch
cable comes straight into the pedal, great!  The 02A
and J tranny's have larger gears so they can handle
higher hp loads.  It's just alot more work to install
the cable shifter and fab the clutch cable etc.

As far as I know Yarrow's car has dynoed at around
240hp to the wheels...

-josh

> Acutally, you don't have to use the hydrolic clutch
> setup!  While it might
> be better to do so, I have personally seen a 1.8T in
> a mk1 scirocco using
> a 02J (from a TDI) and he had a clutch cable to the
> original pedal
> cluster! This is Yarrow Thorns car.  Now, the cable
> did snap while he was
> in CA...it could use a little more engineering to
> make it reliable...but
> it can work...I think Yarrow said it was from a
> European only TDI Beetle
> that had a cable instead of a hydrolic setup.
>
> As for the cable shifting part...looks like your
> stuck....but Yarrows car
> was well done, and he said he loved the TDI trans
> with the power he was
> making (claimed 380 to the wheels...I believe it,
> you should see that car
> pull away while in 5th)

=====
Josh Wyte