Re: broken head stud

Drew's advice is all good, esp. about removing the
intake manifold.  But I have failed to remove a broken
stud, and the head had to come off.  Only to find that
two of the head bolt holes in the block were very
corroded and required helicoils to fix.

Try to remove the stud, but be aware that if you f**k
it up, you *may* ruin the head.

Good luck in any case,

Ron