Re: Help: 5th gear sear shift fork rod

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:42:37 +0000 Patrick Bureau <pbureau@home.com>
writes:

>Laughing... smells like someone pull something they should off and had
>redo a tranny eh?  There is proof of learned experience I bet
>(GRIN)...

Actually I was changing the 5th gear in the GLi's tranny WHEN the rod
fell out. (it was out ofthe car for a clutch job & gear swap.)
I knew it would of been a bad thing if it came out and I was trying to
make sure it stayed in place but the one last time I tipped ot over I
heard a clink-clank as it fell out on the driveway. My heart dropped and
I tried for about an hour to get the rod to go back in by itself but I
knew the true reality of my situation. Ah well, sometimes shit does
happen. (Mostly always to ME but you know....)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!