Re: [VWofT] Lowering Coilovers!

    hey sal, the little sprint that you're talking about is called a tender
spring, if i recall correctly.  AFAIK, it is to be fully compressed at all
times that the car is putting any pressure upon it.  i think that the
solitary reason for having the spring in there is to keep the main spring
from falling all over the place when you take pressure off that corner of
the car, whether by jacking it up or going thru a tight corner that forces
wheel lift.

    from what i recall, the spring rate of the tender spring is exactly the
same as the main spring, tho it is the entire tender spring will compress to
the same extent that one coil from the main spring will compress, or
something to that effect,

    make sense??

    anyways, the answer to your question is; don't sweat it, that's how it's
supposed to be.

    lates!

jason
the mad bastard