Re: New (to me) '84 and a power locks question

>> Quick question (since I don't have a Bentley for it yet):  The gas flap
>> looks like it has a "post" that would be used with the power locks, but
it
>> doesn't lock.  Is it supposed to lock?

>My 16V has power locks and that includes locking the gas flap.. so if you
>have 'em, I'd ASSume you should have the locking flap too, unless the '84s
>didn't have it..

both the '84's that I've owned had power locks and a locking gas flap.  if
yours isn't working, look behind the rear passenger wheel well from the
inside and check to see if the vacuum hose is disconnected, or if the
linkage from the blue actuator piece is there.  also on that part of the car
is where your vacuum pump is located, so if you have any other problems with
power locks, you can start by looking there.

Casey
84 Roc
88 Golf