RE: cutting springs

> I hear ya' brother!  As soon as I can scrounge up a few extra
> bucks, I'm kicking
> the Boge's to the curb with the rest of the trash!  How much more
> do the Koni's
> run?  Will they hold up as long?

Awesome!  Biltstein's run around $100 per corner and Koni's are about an
extra $20-30.  There is speculation on the longevity of a strut which uses
so many internal bushings or seals; however, check out the local autocross
and count the number of cars with Koni adjustables.  The main thing is both
are PROVEN performers in at least one form of motorsports or another and
both come with a lifetime warranty.

Nospeed does offer a "custom" valved suspension setup from Bilstein in which
the strut/shocks are valved from the factory for the weight of each
application and the corresponding spring rates.  I kind of wish I had
pursued this avenue, but I had to do things my own way...  Any listers have
experience with the Neuspeed custom valved setup?

Good luck Richard,
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco (with Bilstein Sports 6 years)
Anthracite '84 GLI (with Bilstein Sports 3 years)
Eugene, OR