Re: Update: Extra Taillight Mod

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:27:25 -0400 "Steve H" <16vrocco@del.net> writes:
> True....But, for DOT approved LED's, the price is rather
> high....
They actually have DOT approved LED's? <g>

> Resistors are not the way to go to drop voltage....Transformers are.
Transformers work with a/c, alternating current and not d/c, or direct
current.

Resistors would work...

Since LED's have a voltage drop of .7V, couldn't you string 17+ of them
in series?

What do you think Dan, would that work?

I have a bunch of LED's laying around somewhere, I might try it...
(on the bench that is, not on my Scirocco) <g>

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers