Re: Finally My Swap has been completed! (Turbo G60)

do you plan on taking your turbo MKI to the track and getting some times on it?...i'd be interested (as i'm sure others would be ) in just how fast that little rocket is :)...

-doug

------Original Message------
From: "Winggee" <winggee@hotmail.com>
To: <UrGTI@aol.com>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: September 17, 2000 4:58:46 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Finally My Swap has been completed! (Turbo G60)

Just a stock G60 without the supercharger but with an Arkay Turbo Kit. The
turbo itself is an IHI turbo, i took bazillions of pictures, i'll get those
ready and let you guys take a look at it. but yeah. i put in a FF tranny, i
guess one of the longer ratio trannys. I have no lsd or anything of that
sort. This swap was actually kinda easy, just that we bumped into a few
problems

I've gone through a bunch of hurdles to get this thing going to. clutch
problems, pressure plate problems. and alot of other little misc things. heh
right now i just mickey moused the downpipe onto the flex pipe, and you can
hear the turbo when the boost starts to kick in. heh.

As for the shifter, i ONLY have problems with 2nd gear, as this was apparent
with my old 4 spd also.

But yeah, my 80 rocco, is fast now. I need to get a adjustable wastegate
later, as mines was broken, so i had to use the fixed wastegate, i just
bypassed the wastegate right now, and i'm getting 10psi, at first with the
wastegate on, i'll only get 5psi, at 5psi, that's when the car starts
pulling.

If you guys have any questions let me know.

all my friends with honda's will be in for a surprise, as i haven't told any
of them yet ;-)

Wing