Tail Dragger or jacked rear?

All of you California Auto-x'ers and purists are not going to like this much,
but I'm afraid I had to take action.  Due to my new location in the "North
Country,"  I had to jack up the rear suspension on my Rocco.  I belive it is
normal for a Scirocco butt to be a little lower than the front, but this is
not good when the best of the dirt roads have rocks sticking up 4 inches.
And the bad dirt roads... we'll just leave that up to your imagination.

So this is what I did:
    Jacked up the rear of the car and dropped the struts out.  Placed a
spacer and a washer between the spring perch and the rubber "strut mount."
This jacked the back up about 1 inch, which looks a little better (the wheel
arches have equal space) and will give better clearance on the backroads.
One point of referance is the trailing arm.  Before it was at a slight angle
upwards, and now it is parralell with the ground and chasis with no load.
Things are a little different while driving now.  Most noticable is braking.
A lot more weight seems to be transferd to the front.  What will this do to
safety factors?  Cornering seems to produce a lot more sway and a little less
comfort.  Should I try to get heavy duty springs for the back and front?  My
struts are in okay condition, but weight transfer is a lot more evident now.
Would a larger front swaybar counter act this?

Thanks for any advice
Ben
86 8v
84 8v