Re: BIG Parking Brake Promlem. HELP!

Dan, I went through this awhile back on my Mk1....I ended up buying a
whole new bracket piece from potterman, and cutting the old one off,
welding the new one on....everything was right as rain after that....

Maybe we should add this to things to look out for when buying a rocco, as
this is a serious pain in the ass.

Eric

> I have a big problem and could use some HELP ASAP!
>
> Inside the Parking Brake housing there is a small notch holds a gear in
> place. I found out that the little square notch is WORN to the point
> were the gear now slips out causing me to have no P Brake....
>

> What in the Hell do I do Now????????????
>

> Dan Kraus. owner of a 87' 16V Scirocco GTX

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)