RE: 16V 1/4 mile results... and dyno runs.

14.07 seconds is impressive for any 16V Scirocco.  Sorry I haven't been
following all the list mail closely, but what kind of mods is Jasin running?
If his motor is a NA (normally aspirated) 16V in a Mk-II shell, then that's
a damn impressive time.  (Sadly, I never ran my car in the 1/4 mile.)

Regarding your dyno results, I agree they are perfectly respectable but that
guy with the 2 liter 16V oughta be scratching his head and wondering why he
isn't making much more power than your 1.8!  Sure wish I would have my 2
liter 16V dynoed last year before the turbo went in.  For comparisons sake,
the non-intercooled turbo 16V (only 5 PSI) was kicking out 157 HP @ 6000 RPM
and 153 ft-lbs @ 4800 RPM at the wheels last year.  Graphs at:

http://effervescent.com/vw/16VTurbo/dynoresults.html

Now that the turbo is long gone (stolen) and I'm rebuilding the motor, I
probably won't have time to get it dynoed before the turbo stuff starts
going in, but we'll see... I'd like to.  It'll be 9.2:1 compression, 1984
cc, p&p 16V head, euro intake cam, modified factory downpipe into a 2.5" cat
and 2.5" straight-through exhaust.  Odd configuration, yes, but the lowered
CR and 2.5" exhaust are in prep for the turbo.  It'll be interesting to see
what numbers it will run NA versus after-turbo.  I'll be shooting for 250 HP
(at the crank) with 10 to 12 PSI.

Bradley
88 Scirocco 16V
81 Scirocco "S"