Fried Motor Mount (w/Pic)

I'd like to add a member to the "Fried A1 Passenger Side Motor Mount" club. I
think this one off my 88 16v is certifiably toast. 78K miles turned it into a
lump of dry rotted and mangled crap. With the new timing belt on, the timing
set and the CO level dialed in, the car idles like a dream at 900rpm and pulls
HARD to 6500. The dash and rear view miror don't rattle any more!

http://home.columbus.rr.com/dubparts/toast.jpg

On a side note, a good friend and I did a couple of side-by-side, 5mph roll-on
races Sunday. He has a91 GTI 16v 2.0 with p&p head, Euro 50mm intake,
Unorthodox pulleys, header, Schrick 268's, EuroSport Cool-Flo, lightened
flywheel, etc. My car is basicaly a stock 1.8 16v with euro intake cam, TT race
downpipe, Supersprint cat-back and a K&N panel filter. He took me out of the
hole enough to cut in front of me in 3rd gear, but after that I was glued to
his bumper all the way to 110mph. I was totally impressed at my roc's top end
pull from 5000-6500. I like this car more every time I drive it!

Scott