Re: 2.0 8v.... 3a vs. ABA

sean porter wrote:

> I've called a few places, and all I've heard was that the ABA is a much better motor,
>
> smoother, and not to mention much stronger.

The ABA has a longer stroke which means that the thrust angles in the motor are smaller
which leads to more smoothness. It also enhances the torque. However, the longer stroke
compromises the high-rpm rev potential. This was fairly important to me in my
competition car. For the street you probably shouldn't car.

But then what's this about the ABA being "stronger"? Do you mean more powerful? It
beats the 3A by a little but not much. Or, do you mean it is sturdier? I've never heard
anything like that before...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut