Re: Power Windows - more info

In fact, if you're -very- careful and have lots of free time, you can use
two small jeweler's screwdrivers to remove the two backlight bulbs from a
junkyard switch and install them into one of your switches that has a
burnt out backlight. You have to gently pry up the metal switch contacts
that the wires are held beneath and then pull the wires out with the other
screwdriver. Afterwards they wont go back down all the way, so I recommend
soldering the light bulb wires to be sure they stay working.

Normally, I would have just swapped the bottom end of the whole switch
assembly that has the light bulbs in it. But in this case, the switch was
a two position factory fog light switch that I'd scrounged from a
junkyard car, and the bottom end piece was different to allow for the
additional connection and different switch design. Didn't have luck
finding another one, so I had to take the careful disassembly and
reassembly approach.

-Toby

--
'87 16v