RE: [mk2] power window swap

I have an 82 with power windows for sale cheap might help ya save the
time.....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ewan Hopkins
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 7:35 AM
To: galecki@umr.edu; foxxinabox@core.com; scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [mk2] power window swap

>	At a minimum you'll need the power window regulators, door panels
>for power window cars, switches, and the wiring from the donor car. The
>wiring is a lot easier to install when the dash board is removed. (I
>swapped in power windows when changing my cracked dash).

If you use the stock wiring loom for the windows, it's worth considering
removing all of the connectors in the parts of the loom that are in in the
door. The connections oxidise quickly and the motors use a lot of current,
especially to get the glass moving in the first place, so the connections
don't have to be that bad to stop them working. Direct soldering the wires
instead is much better.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8