Re: taming the torque steer

Scott, I can't solve your torque steer problem, but I can definitely
commiserate.  I just took my '79 out on the highway for more than a short
blast up to speed and then off at the next ramp.  In fact I drove it about
an hour to the drags, but more on that later.  The point is, my car is all
over the place when I get on it, or especially when I change lanes and get
on it.  I'm running a Quaife in a 4K, with 2 deg, neg. camber and 0" toe.
I've got some of EM Sport's Delrin control arm bushings also.  I have
noticed that the torque steer effect is lessened significantly by the really
heavy 15" wheels and tires that I borrowed from a friend.  The only other
thing that I could thing of is maybe a special order set of control arm
bushings with a different caster setting.  I'm not sure how you would want
to change the caster, but I do know that caster directly affects the way the
car tracks.  I'm sure a call to Mark at EM would get you pointed in the
right direction.

Let me know what you find out, because I wouldn't mind having a little less
torque steer myself.

Ben R
Membership Coordinator
<http://www.volksport.com>
Volksport GTI and Watercool Volkswagen Club
"We support your VW Performance Addiction."